I’m a senior Software Engineer building data infrastructure at Clever Cloud. I’ve built and operated a variety of stateful distributed systems throughout my career.
- SenX Warp10,
- Apache HBase, Flink, Pulsar, arrow-datafusion,
- PingCAP go-ycsb,
- Apple FoundationDB and their Kubernetes Operator,
- StreamNative KoP (Kafka On Pulsar), Kafka protocol handler for Pulsar,
- CNCF ETCD,
I am also maintaining some projects such as:
- PierreZ/goStatic, A really small static web server for Docker,
- PierreZ/fdb-etcd, An experiment to provide ETCD layer on top of Record-Layer and FoundationDB,
- PierreZ/Record-Store, A light, multi-model, user-defined place for your data.
- FoundationDB-rs, The rust binding for FoundationDB.
I co-founded in 2017 HelloExoWorld, an initiative to search for exoplanets using Warp10, a time-series platform.
2021 to now: Senior Software Engineer @Clever Cloud
I am working around data infrastructure, to offer new database-oriented products 🚀
2020 to 2021: Technical Leader @OVHcloud - Managed Kubernetes
I was working on the managed Kubernetes product. I was involved in:
- Improving ETCD’s scalability and OpenStack CSI,
- Self-healing customers control-planes,
- Go mentoring,
- On-call duty.
2019 to 2020: Technical Leader @OVHcloud - ioStream
During that time, I worked around adding Kafka’s protocol to Pulsar.
We launched a beta mid-2019, and the project has been shutdown mid-2020.
2016 to 2019: Infrastructure Engineer @OVH
I worked on Metrics Data Platform. We are using Warp10 with friendly Apache softwares such as Hbase, Hadoop, Zookeeper, Kafka and Flink to handle all OVH’s metrics-based monitoring, which represent around 432 billions of measurements per day.
I have taken part of most of Metrics development, from internal management to Ingress/Egress translation part. I also worked on the implementation and deployment of a distributed and scalable alerting system using Apache Flink.
I was using
WarpScript on a daily basis.
I was on-call duty on more than 700 servers, including:
- 3 Warp10 fully distributed clusters, including one that handling 1.5 millions datapoints per second
- 3 Hadoop clusters, including a 250 nodes Hadoop cluster running a 75k regions Hbase table
- Various Apache technologies, such as Kafka, Zookeeper and Flink
I gave training and support for both external and internal client of Metrics, including WarpScript.
During that time, I contributed to Apache Flink and HBase.